Welcome to Minecraft: Education Edition, we hope you are excited to get going! This article will cover:
- Windows 7 System requirements
- Step-by-step installation instructions for Windows
- Additional Resources
Windows 7 System requirements for Minecraft for Education
|CPU||Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz OR
AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
|GPU||Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series
Discrete: Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
|HDD||Minimum of 1 GB for game core, maps, and other files|
|*Windows 7 OS||Windows 7 requires Service pack with above specifications|
1. Head to:
2. Select “Download”
3. A window will pop up asking if you want to install. Select “Install”. Ensure launch when ready is checked
4.Wait for the application to finish installing
5. Upon completion the game will launch and ask for sign in credentials. Sign in with your Office 365 account to access the game.
6. A successful sign on will bring you to the M:EE start screen
7. In order to download Classroom Mode or Code Connection. Access the same link listed in Step 1: https://education.minecraft.net/get-started/download/. Select “Download Code Connection” Or “Download Classroom Mode” and select “Run”
9. After Download completes select “Finish”
For more information you can check out our supported platforms and specifications article.
Minecraft Education Edition performs best on latest versions on Windows, please consider upgrading your Windows OS
To upgrade to Windows 10, you can click here for information.
Need to troubleshoot? You may always contact support if you run into any technical issues, or the issue you are seeing is not covered in our Basic Troubleshooting Knowledge Base article.